Outstanding Sporting Achievement
Work of excellence is recognised and pupils can represent their House, the School, a County area, a Regional area or indeed a National Representative side. This is done through the selection channels of the various sports’ governing bodies.
Pupils from IPS have achieved outstanding success in the following sports and levels:
- ‘The Most Valuable Boy Athlete’, ISA National Finals 2010
- 80m Hurdles, English Schools Finalist
- Basketball, National League Basketball Team
- Cricket, Surrey U18 Team
- Football, England ISFA (two pupils)
- Football, Reading Football Club and ISFA London Team
- Gymnastics, Great Britain Team
- Netball, South East England Regional Team
- Rugby, England Ladies Team
- Rugby, Norway Team (two pupils)
- Sailing, Great Britain Junior Sailing Team
- Skiing, Great Britain Ski Team
- Swimming, National 800m Finalist and Surrey School Champion
- Tennis, Great Britain Team
The Physical Education Department is determined to build on this strong foundation of sporting excellence and keen to keep pupils’ representation levels high across the full range of sports.
The Department is served by eight sporting specialists, and there are many other talented sportsmen and women on the staff who contribute to its work. In addition to the timetabled programme, a wealth of opportunity exists for pupils to participate in Co-curricular sports activities.