We aim to develop in our Prep School pupils:
- kindness, above all;
- the determination, ambition and self-reliance to pursue excellence in all they do;
- an inquisitive, imaginative and enquiring mind;
- courtesy and good manners;
- the self-confidence to think for themselves, to challenge ideas and to make well informed decisions;
- consideration and tolerance for all people regardless of gender, race, religion or mental and physical ability;
- self-discipline and leadership;
- personal autonomy and responsibility;
- truthfulness, trustworthiness and the desire to do right.
These aims underpin our philosophy of education, our teaching methodology and our pastoral curriculum.
Achieving our goals
We achieve these goals through:
- independent and exploratory teaching through habits of mind, and a balanced curriculum;
- devised activities which take account of different teaching styles;
- regular and informed assessment by staff;
- a supportive partnership with parents.
We endorse good manners, mutual respect and courteous behaviour at all times.